You can control Lync Online access to these people outside your organization:
- Lync users in other companies The other company must also set up federation with your domain.
- Skype public IM service users Signed in with their Microsoft account (formerly Windows Live ID)
Navigate to "Lync Admin Center" by selecting Lync under Admin drop-down
Under External access, choose an option that controls your access to other organizations using Lync:
- Off completely
- On except for blocked domains
- On only for allowed domains
- The organization you’re federating with must also allow federation with your domain.
- When you’re communicating with someone in a federated domain, you can only use Lync features (for example, video conversations or desktop sharing) that are turned on in both organizations.
- Click Organization > External communications.
- Select the check box under Public IM connectivity, and then click Save.
|Available with Skype users today||Available with Skype users by June 2013||Not available with Skype users|