Install Mail for Exchange
To install Mail for Exchange, use one of the following two methods:
Many devices include an application called Download that can be used to obtain Mail for Exchange. Look for Mail for Exchange under the “Office” category.
- Visit the Mail for Exchange page on the Nokia Web site: http://www.nokiausa.com/get-support-and-software/software/mail-for-exchange . The actual download is moved to Ovi Store which is accessible on: http://store.ovi.com/
- Click Download Mail for Exchange, and the follow the directions on the Web site to obtain Mail for Exchange. Note: It may take several minutes to download the program.
- When you are prompted, install Mail for Exchange.
Once the Mail for Exchange is in place, then follow these steps in order to configure mail account to connect to Exchange Online (BPOS).
Start Mail for Exchange and configure Exchange Online:
Note: If you are prompted to create a new profile, skip to step 5.
- Navigate to your device Menu.
- Select the MfE folder.
- Select Mail for Exchange.
- If you are not prompted to create a new profile, select Options > Create Profile.
- Enter your E-Mail address
- In the Domain field, you must enter a name. This is required to create the first profile, and you can enter anything you want. However this will need to be blank later.
- Enter your Username (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org) Note: this is what you use to access your Microsoft Online Services.
- Enter your Password
- Enter the Access point. This is your wireless carrier.
- Select OK
- Enter red002.mail.emea.microsoftonline.com for the Exchange Server. Please note that red002.mail.emea.microsoftonline.com is for European users. URLs for other regions are as below: Asia Pacific (APAC) https://red003.mail.apac.microsoftonline.com/ -Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) https://red002.mail.emea.microsoftonline.com/ - North America https://red001.mail.microsoftonline.com/
- Navigate to the Credentials screen. The Credentials screen is after the Connection screen.
- Clear the Domain field so that it is blank.
- Select Options, then select Save.
Information presented here is partially advised by Microsoft Support team in a SR which I had open recently.